Thursday, January 21, 2010

Something I learned in school...

"Teachers who beg, borrow, and steal good techniques are teachers whose students will achieve." Harry Wong

I've been following a certain blog for a while now, and the thing that I really love about this blog is all the neat and creative things this mommy does with her little boy. Since Corbin will be in school this year and has trouble with letter recognition, I stole some of her ideas and added some of my own to get him (and Gage) recognizing letters. Our first "Letter of the Week" was A. The boys had a BLAST making all their "A" projects and activities and now will point out every A they see on every sign, commercial or piece of paper. (not annoying at all!) I'm really glad this idea worked and we will be continuing to do the letters of the week, and I'm possibly going to start doing numbers too, whenever I get my school schedule figured out.

Fyi for those who want to know...school is going great so far. I've been to 2 of my classes and have 2 more to go to. I don't think that this semester is going to be as busy as others...but who knows. I'm taking an English class that teaches us how to teach kids how to write. (middle school ones) and 2 math classes (Problem Solving in Elem Grades & Math Concepts in Educ. Setting) and my most favorite class so far...Teaching Science in Elementary Classrooms! I think this class is definitly going to push me into wanting to teach science for sure.

Until next time...


1 comment:

Loukia said...

Great idea - I should try this with my boys!